Gareth A Hopkins
email: gareth@grthink.com

These pages will be kept updated with forthcoming gallery shows and news on completed artwork.

Pages from my ongoing surreal/abstracted comic 'The Intercorstal' can be found here: The Intercorstal

My deviantart gallery, chock-full of my art, can be found here: grthink

Stories from my (old) walk to and from work can be found here: Trolleys In Odd Places

Monday 22 February 2010

St James Infirmary Verses Two and Three

Following on from my earlier post, here are Verse 2 and Verse 3 of my illustrations for the song 'St James Infirmary'. There are two unfortunate errors here, one technical and one lyrical. The technical one is just that my scanner cropped the edges off all of the images, which isn't too much of a problem because I can just re-scan.

The lyrical one is this: Where I've written 'Step to that rubber tied hack' it should 'Step to that rubber TYRED hack', as in it's a carriage with rubber tyres and not a carriage that's tied up in rubber bands. Both these errors will be corrected by the end of the project.

I've also finished Verse 4, which also has a lyrical error, although not one which changes the meaning of the lyrics, so I might not mention that when I come to post it.

Here's VERSE 2:


And VERSE 3:


Also, if you have any interest at all in the song St James Infirmary, take a gander at the following blogs, which I've found invaluble for research:

I Went Down To St James Infirmary

NO NOTES: Regarding “St. James Infirmary” and other things related to the book “Letters From New Orleans”

No comments:

Post a Comment